10/24/14

Customer Comments

Below are some of the many comments sent by Beautiful Bamboo customers:

October 24, 2020
Julie was an excellent attendant!!!! So knowledgeable and patient. Love the place.
Diana
Central Florida

July 28, 2020
Jennifer was absolutely wonderful. Very informative and patient with our multitude of questions. After planting all of our bamboo plants, I emailed her with a few questions and she responded quickly. Great experience; loved touring their beautiful property!!
Valerie
Central Florida

January 13, 2020
Unreal experience, Jennifer and her staff made our transaction simple; invaluable knowledge and instruction.
Peter
Dade City, Florida

September 11, 2019
Back in late July we had 3 15 gallon pots of the baby blue bamboo delivered. Just wanted to say that since planting we have had an amazing amount of new growth, starting about mid August. Each has produced at least four new canes, and I couldn't be more pleased. Seems like almost every time I go out I find a new one...Love your bamboo!
Kathy
Mount Dorra, Florida

August 15, 2019
Really appreciate Jennifer always taking the time to share her knowledge of bamboo and how to keep the plants healthy.
Larry
Central Florida

August 9, 2019
Extremely helpful and professional. Our plants were delivered today by Donna and we have begun planting. With Donna's assistance we chose Seabreeze as the variety that will best meet our needs. I highly recommend Beautiful Bamboo to anyone looking to add bamboo to their property. Great selection and very healthy plants. The staff is great!
Gordon
Morriston, Florida

June 18, 2019
Julie was Great and informative. Very helpful with guiding me with selecting what I needed.
Wilfred
Central Florida

June 17, 2019
Thank you Beautiful Bamboo! These folks are so nice and knowledgeable. Needed to create a screen wall and they were very informative. We decided to go with the Seabreeze. Ryan came out for the installation and did an awesome job. Cannot wait to see these babies grow! Thanks again Ryan and to all the folks at Beautuful Bamboo!!
Jane
Zephyr Hills, Florida

March 11, 2019
Met Julie today. She and Donna assisted me in buying more Bambusa multiplex golden goddess to finish enclosing my new shed . Also, a Hawaiian Gold (Bambusa vulgaris vittata) for a future spectacular termination for a row of trees. It won't go without saying that the friendly and very helpful crew owes its existence to Jennifer Baehne who leads by example. Thank you all!
Tom
Central Florida

March 5, 2019
Just a wonderful shopping experience: from entering the beautifully bamboo lined property, to Jennifer’s professional assistance to the great plants and prices ...
Julia
Orlando, Florida

Feb. 2, 2019
Your team did a great job with install yesterday. They were very friendly and efficient. Can’t wait to see how they grow this summer! I’ll send updates along the way.
Steve N.
Jacksonville, Florida

Jan. 18, 2019
Donna is a happy person who patiently showed me various bamboo plants and answered all my questions. It is always a stress-free and pleasant visit when I stop by the nursery. The clumping type bamboo is non-invasive and an outstanding addition to Florida landscaping. There is no sales pressure and I recommend stopping by and looking at these beautiful and ornamental plants and deciding for yourself..
Tom W.
Floral City, Florida

September 22, 2018
Sales associate was beyond helpful and knowledgeable and friendly. Could not he happier And we will recommend this place. Sales associate has short hair and was wearing a blue long sleeve shirt and khaki. She is a true asset to your company.
Craig T.
Central Florida

September 18, 2018
Thanks, staff is very knowledgeable about bamboo and its care, and always willing to answer questions.
Larry B.
Central Florida

July 31, 2018
Great service and extensive knowledge!!! We drive from Lakeland and have always had perfect service before and after purchases!!!
Daniel A.
Lakeland FL

March 21, 2018
Very knowledgeable staff. Answered every question I had. I would highly recommend buying bamboo from them.
Josh C.
Central Florida

January 17, 2018
Nice folks, great product, easy to purchase - why can't all businesses be run like this!
Robert C.
Windermere FL

December 4, 2017
Jennifer arrived right on time for our scheduled consultation. She left only after she was satisfied that all my Bamboo questions were answered. She is knowledgeable, calm, friendly, and she offered thoughtful suggestions.. Well organized and sincerely focused on customer satisfaction. I look forward to Beautiful Bamboo providing a value enhancing addition to my landscaping.
Thomas W.
Floral City FL

November 14, 2017
I just want you to know that Ryan, as expected, did an exceptional job at planting the bamboo. He worked efficiently and was very professional and respectful! I can’t say enough good things about him! He also went out of his way to check the irrigation for the bamboo and the confederate jasmine.
Betty C.
Daytona Beach FL

August 29, 2017
Julie and Ryan were at my home today to deliver and plant a bunch of Graceful along the backyard and side fence. This stuff is awesome!. It already looks great - I can't wait for it to start growing and spreading. Thanks to Ryan and Julie for a great job. Hope you enjoyed the music!
Chris K.
Wintergarden FL


August 10, 2017
Love Jennifer, went over a lot of informative information. Very helpful and polite. Will definitely recommend Beautiful Bamboo!
Ashley
Central Florida


May 24, 2017
We had a great experience and was guided by a wonderful, knowledgeable sales person....we'll be back!
Barbara
Orlando FL

April 23, 2017
I've bought bamboo from these folks at the Bok Tower annual plant festival, and have been very happy with what I have. This is the first time my husband and I have been to the bamboo farm, and it's OUTSTANDING!! We actually stumbled upon it while out exploring the area for nurseries. We found several species of bamboo that we don't yet have, but have been looking for. The plants are very well tended, healthy, and a good price. The staff is very friendly, and knowledgeable. We're going back next weekend with a trailer to bring some bamboo home!
Annmarie
Central Florida

April 8, 2017
Very clean, organized and professional. Not at all like many Florida businesses that cater to lawn and garden. Very impressed with the knowledge and professional help.
Jack
Orlando FL


March 4, 2017
The visit to Beautiful Bamboo was a very good experience. The staff answered all my questions and provided first-class service.
Becky
FL


Feb. 14, 2017
Hi Jennifer
Thanks again for everything!
Ryan and friends did a great job on our three clumps of bamboo; clean out and trim up, looks great!
You are definitely our bamboo caretakers.
Ed &Mindy
St.Pete, FL


Jan. 23, 2017
Very helpful. Took time to explain all varieties to us. Even though we only bought 2 plants treated us like we were buying much more. Will be back.
Scott
FL


December 23, 2016
Very nice,down to earth people. They went out of their way to be helpful.. I expect to be back.
Thomas
FL

August 6, 2016
This place was amazing. We got some giant timber bamboo. Jennifer was outstanding and friendly and knew her bamboo. I will return.
Michael J.
Fl


June 1, 2016
Jennifer,
I’d like to thank you and your crew again for a job well done! I love the way the bamboo looks now and I know it will look even better as time goes by. Everyone did an outstanding job and they did so with such a great attitude. It’s nice to see respect and kindness shown towards others!
Betty
Daytona Beach FL

May 12, 2016
Thanks so much for taking care of our bamboo for us! That was so nice of you to help us out. I can’t tell you how happy I am to have it as the same height as the others. You’ve given us such fantastic customer service and we’ve been so happy to do business with you from the first day forward. Thanks for everything you’ve done for us!
Lydia
Windermere FL


May 6, 2016
Many, many thanks … I tell others about your wonderful environment and your OUTSTANDING customer service. I wish I had more property to buy more bamboo. These are growing tall and they sway just as I had hoped. Delight each morning when I read the newspaper.
Have a good weekend and please send this email to the owners if you wish to tell them of my absolute joy!!!!
Marcia
The Villages, FL



April 2, 2016
Beautiful Bamboo is great. It is the only place my parents and I will buy bamboo from. Quality operation with wonderful people. Jennifer is the best!
Damon
FL


March 15, 2016
Loved your nursery and your bamboo! Donna was fabulous and very knowledgeable! And patient as I drug her all around multiple times. I think you could charge admission for the tour!
Marti
FL


Feb.19, 2016
Jennifer!! The bamboo are absolutely wonderful. We are still working on the irrigation. I am wondering what you recommend for fertilizer to purchase and how often to give. Whatever instructions you would like to share with me, I will follow!! Thank you very much, your team did such a beautiful job installing, you were so well organized it was inspiring!!
Thank you
Angela
Lithia FL



Jennifer, We fell in love with your place and bought 2 – 3-gal bamboos. We’ll be back!  Thank you and thank Drew for us.  He was a pleasure.
Mike McK
Orlando FL 


Dear Jennifer,
They won't be back yet, but thank Donna and Ryan for a great job. They arrived on time (which cannot be taken for granted these days), listened patiently whilst I explained why I wanted the bamboo, and then carefully planted exactly as planned. Ryan (without openly cursing me) even dug up one bamboo and repositioned it after I changed my mind. Both took the trouble to angle each bamboo to get the best position, and answered my many beginner's questions.

And now a big rainstorm has just slipped by and missed us. Just when you wanted it.
Thanks again,
Milson B
Cedar Key FL


Hi Jennifer - 15 short months ago we had the pleasure of visiting Beautiful Bamboo. We were challenged with how we could hide a neighbor's recent addition of a 40 foot motor coach and shed. After a lot of research, we decided to go ahead and invest in bamboo. 

We selected 15 Graceful Bamboo plants and upon delivery by Tim to our home, we dug in and planted them. Following your exacting directions, and just over a year later, we are more than thrilled with the results. I have attached a few before an after images to show you how they are progressing.


We continue to be amazed at the speed at which they grow and how hearty they are. We are now seeing a new phase of growth and the new growths are now reaching 20+ in height!

I urge anyone in need of a natural privacy fence to look into bamboo ay Beautiful Bamboo. You will not regret it!
Michael and Grace
Lakeland FL



Beautiful Bamboo - The bamboo looks great. Ryan said we got "upgraded" to 10 gallon plants. He did a good job and is a credit to your company. If you are interested I can send a picture. Hopefully we can still get some growth this year.
Steven Anderson
Maitland


The spotted bamboo is as beautiful as the "chunky monkey" - love them both.  And the reed fencing worked great.  Love my Beautiful Bamboo. Thanks, 
Anthony




Hi Jennifer,I wanted to thank you for taking the time to show us around today and helping us pick out bamboo varieties for our upcoming project.

Since our portion of the Local food guide is about children's program we didn't include you in that article, however we had such a great time we included Beautiful Bamboo in our educational blog at spiceflorida.wordpress.com - if you would prefer we not use your name in the article please let me know.



Thank you again and we look forward to coming out again soon.
Ann, Joe and Ky
Orlando FL



Jennifer, Thanks for all your help and patience picking out our bamboo last weekend. It looks great and we  are looking forward to coming back to get some more varieties soon. Thanks again
David and Michelle
FL 




Thank you very much for the beautiful angel mist bamboo! It arrived in excellent condition! Wonderfully packed! Thank you also Jennifer who called me back one day after my e-mail. Getting to speak with you was a truly lovely experience. Jennifer mentioned when i asked her to pick me out a nice bamboo that she had already done that and he was sitting next to her desk. Amazing as i had not even purchased the bamboo yet. That brought life to the bamboo and made me feel like a truly valued customer.




It was especially wonderful that when ordering one bamboo online you guys at Beautiful Bamboo really took the time to do it right.

I love the west coast transplant you provided me and I will recommend as well as use you for any future bamboo plants and products that I may want.

I will send pictures along after he (Casper) grows up a little. I figured anything alive taller than me deserves a name!
Sincerely Happy Customer,
Curtis Lee Shaw
San Francisco CA


Dear Tim and Sherry,
Just wanted to say thank you - the bamboo arrived yesterday in great condition, well-packed and it sprung back right after it got out of the box.  It was well watered immediately after unpacking and will be transplanted into a large pot tomorrow per your instructions.  Thanks again for the quick response to my questions via email as well.  
Jonathan 
Philadelphia PA



Just a quick thanks to you and especially Tim.  He is finishing up the 6 new bamboo I purchased, and I must say, he is really doing a fantastic job.  He is checking and treating and watering, very nice job, very happy.  Thanks.
Dr. Bruce
Orlando FL



Tim.....I want to thank you and Sherry for all the courtesies you extended to me in our quest to find the Bamboo just right for us. My assistant Shawn is planting it now and we agree the Asian Lemon will look super between the Oldhamii we have.  Thanks again for all the help!
Roland 
Jacksonville FL



Hi Sherry,
I purchased some of your bamboo a while back to make calligraphy brushes. The bamboo is great and I made some wonderful brushes. Here are a few pictures when the bamboo was still green. I wish it would stay that way but it's changing into a beautiful golden color - which I like as well. Thank you for picking out some gnarly pieces for me. I'll be ready to order more soon.
Stella
Wisconsin


Hi - Just wanted to express my pleasure with your delivery of the 50 7-gallon Green Hedge bamboo plants.  Tim was exceptionally polite and helpful with my questions, just as he was when I ordered on Saturday.  He offered several tips and showed me how to dig a proper hole for planting.  I should have the remaining few in the ground today.  The bamboo are all larger than I expected, and are as big or bigger than the 15-gallon plants I looked at locally.  Most are 8-12 ft tall.  If you would like I will send you pictures once and I am done planting, and will update you as they grow. 

Thanks again for providing an honest and helpful service.  It is refreshing to deal with a business that delivers what they promise at a reasonable price.
Bob
Melbourne FL


Hi Sherry and Ralph
We just wanted to thank you for your assistance in this project. Jennifer, James, Jessie, and Daniel were a pleasure to work with and the end result looks great...we know it will take some time for the bamboo to grow/develop, but we are off to a GREAT start...Please thank all your people again for us, as we are very pleased with the work. I'm sure we will be back for more and probably will have some referrals for you as well. Thanks again.
Chili and Deb
Orlando FL


Sherry,
I wanted to thank you again for the bamboo. Both Jennifer and James were very hardworking and conscientious in installing the bamboo. It looks really good and has already helped to relieve the depression from the big house behind us. I didn't realize how big and impressive the Seabreeze would look. We had some palm trees planted today and the yard has a nice tropical look now. Thank you again.
Wes

Orlando FL


Hi Sherry, I just wanted to tell you how much we are enjoying our bamboo! My home office is off the kitchen and at the end of the kitchen is a sliding glass window that looks out onto the backyard. It is very peaceful to look out and see the bamboo swaying in the breeze! I am convinced it has already grown some ... and it likes the drip line hose that Brooks bought for it. Thanks again and I am so glad that Brooks found you!
Susie

Orlando FL



Sherry and Ralph,
I want to thank you for the Bamboo poles that I purchased from you. They worked out perfect. I made a canopy with them for my sisters wedding and I just wanted to say thank you. Thanks again,
David

Deltona FL



Hello all! I just got my order of 3"and 4" poles a couple of days ago and I am really pleased. So, thank you so much!!
Steven

Strafford NH



Hi Sherry! Just had to let you know how wonderfully your, actually, now, my bamboo is doing! I'm blown away! Not only did they spring back unbelievably from their "trip", within a few weeks, they both put up new canes! I had previously bought a couple of specimens from another bamboo company. No comparison. Yours are so vastly superior! Don't want to give you the fat head, just wanted to let you know you're doing a really good job. Your planting instructions were spot-on! The people at the other nursery said, "Just dig a hole and plant 'em. They don't need anything special, not until they're established, and then you might add a little 10-10-10 fertilizer." Well, let me tell you, I believe the cow manure made a huge difference in their progress, along with the obvious superior care they received on your end! If you ever need any testimonial, I'm your guy! Couldn't be happier, can't say enough good things about you and your product.
Fred

Ingleside TX



Hi Sherry,
Just thought you would like to see how well our bamboo is doing. Thank you for the beautiful bamboo. We love it!
Ron

Clermont FL



Hello - We bought a 1gal. Dwarf Buddha’s Belly last year. It had one new shoot .25 inches in diameter, and 18in long that grew to six ft long. This year, so far, it has 4 new shoots averaging about .75 inches diameter. The new growth is at the rate of approximately one inch in 24 hours. It is amazing to watch, it almost explodes out of the pot! Thank you, we’ve enjoyed watching it.
Charley

Sebring FL


Hello Sherry
Just wanted to say thank you for selling me the Bamboo. They all are doing great. Right now I am up to 15 shoots, some are over 6 foot tall already. And one runner, about 19 inches from the clump (Green Hedge).
Andrew

Orlando FL



Sherry: Thank You for assisting Connie and myself this weekend. Our new Oldhamii is in its place of honor. Also please thank your son for his assistance in placing and helping to plant our new addition. He was very helpful and a very good ambassador for your company. The entire experience has been a pleasure. We will be back once we establish our Pool area for more of Beautiful-Bamboo. Thanks again and Regards,
David

Orlando FL

24 comments:

  1. Help my dogs are eating my bamboo what can I do to Stop them
    I've tried repel , cyane spice mixed with water ?
    Desperate before they distory my bamboo
    Please any suggestions

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help dogs are eating my bamboo
    I've tried repel , and cyane pepper ...
    Nothing . Before they distory any more
    I need help please any suggestions
    Anyone please ...it was a gift from my husband ,
    I've always wanted bamboo
    And now it's breaking my heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what kind of bamboo do you have? is it planted in the ground or in containers? are the dogs eating the new or older shoots. if they are eating the new shoots, can you fence the bamboo off from your dogs until the new shoots grow bigger?

      Delete
    2. Yin yang , and both ...first they went after the leaves , then chomped on the stocks , and yesterday it crushed me they ate a new stock that was about three feet , it's planted in my side yard out side my bed room .. Some said spray the bamboo with apple vinegar ? I'm at a loss ....I want to find out what will work as I'd love to be able to plant theses all along my back yard . But if the dogs are going to distory them I can't. ....

      Delete
    3. You might try a product called Havahart Get Away 5402 Dog & Cat Repellent Granular 2 Pounds (can be purchased through Amazon.com. I'm also including a link to a blog with several suggestions that might help: http://www.imustgarden.com/repel-dogs

      Please let me know if any of these suggestions help so I can pass the info along.

      Delete
  3. pretty informative post on Bamboo, product, plants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sherry, me again, the one looking for the gigantochloa atroviolacea (small variety) I know is online but since I live close by and bough some Bambs from you in the past, I am *cross fingers* hoping I
    can get it from you, have a great wk : ) Geo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Bamboo stalks are yellow (the variety is yellow and beautiful) -- I have had very good luck with culling and have two bamboo areas that flourished for several years until late this spring. One area is not coming back as in past years, but has a lot of new green leaf growth. I culled and planted a third small area with about 10 very tall stalks in late March 2016. Only one stalk (culm) remains yellow and there are no leaves. However, I do have new culm growth in this new area with green leaves, about 1 to 2 feet tall, but thin. My question is: should I cut back the tall stalks that were culled and replanted that have turned almost white. Does white culm/stalk mean they are dead. I live in the Boston area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the canes have turned tan or white with no leaves, they are dead and can be trimmed out. It does stress the plant when transplanting. We usually, will cut the height down to 5-6' to allow more energy to the root system.

      Delete
  7. Hello, I'm writing to you from Hawaii. My husband and I are looking for a small size (under 15 feet) clumping bamboo that is heat tolerant . We would really prefer something that has dark canes and broader leaves that doesn't drop too much leaf litter. We are really struggling to find something within the specifications. We have contacted a number of nurseries with only moderate results. Might you have any suggestions for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,
      You may try looking for the dwarf Budda belly bamboo (Bambusa vulgaris wamin). It will stay 12-15' tall. It has canes up to 3" in diameter. The canes will have the interesting swollen nodes. It is green with a somewhat larger leaf.
      For more information, please feel free to contact us at the nursery 352-429-2425 or jennifer@beautifulbamboo.com

      Delete
  8. Julie and Ryan were at my home today to deliver and plant a bunch of Graceful along the backyard and side fence. This stuff is awesome!. It already looks great - I can't wait for it to start growing and spreading. Thanks to Ryan and Julie for a great job. Hope you enjoyed the music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chris,
      Thank you.
      The music was great. Do not forget to take your before and after pictures.
      Enjoy your retirement.

      Delete
  9. Hi, Jenifer, 4/8/2018
    You have a great website, it provides all the details about bamboo. I plan to buy your 7 gal. or 15 gal. Graceful bamboo, I live in Los Angles. I would like to know:
    (1) What is the difference between a 7 gal. with 6’ high bamboo and a 15 gal. with 6’ high bamboo?
    (2) How do you ship a 15 gal. with 10’ -15’ bamboo? Do you cut the bamboo to a certain height?
    (3) Do you put the bamboo in a box and then ship to Los Angles? How long the shipment will take?
    Thank you very much,
    Chin
    Los Angles, CA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only ship our 3 gallon plants via FedEx in 48" boxes or delivery larger ones locally. These 3 gallon plants are about 4' tall with 1-3 canes. They may be trimmed to fit in the boxes to prevent damage. With proper care, these 3 gallon plants will reach mature size in 3-5 years. To ship to California, it takes about 5 business days. For more information please contact us at the nursery for more information 352-429-2425 or jennifer@beautifulbamboo.com

      Delete
  10. Hey, I live in Middleton ID (ZIP 83644) I would like an exotic clumping bamboo for my future garden. Are there any super-hardy species you would like to recommend?

    Thank you in advance,
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your planting zone appears to be 6b to 7a. This will be too cold to grow clumping bamboo. Most any of the running bamboo will work for you. These can be contained with a rhizome barrier. Please contact us at the nursery for further information 352-429-2425 or jennifer@beautifulbamboo.com

      Delete
  11. 01/26/2019
    We purchased various poles of bamboo, was assisted by Ryan who was a pleasure to deal with. The quality of the bamboo is excellent. We definitely will be back for more, in the future. Thanks again for the great service.
    Jose Zamora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your business Jose! We look forward to helping you with any pole needs you may have in the future!

      Delete
  12. Visited Beautiful Bamboo today searching for just the right variety bamboo to use as a hedge on our property. Donna assisted my wife and me and was extremely helpful and professional. She patiently listened to our needs and answered all our questions. As a result we will take delivery Thursday of 20 three gallon Seabreeze bamboo plants! All the plants we looked at were healthy and beautiful. For anyone looking for bamboo, I highly recommend Beautiful Bamboo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning!
      I am so glad you were happy with the service and the choice of your plants. It was my pleasure to help you! I will see you tomorrow with the delivery of your Seabreeze. We appreciate you letting others know about us as well. Have a great day!
      Sincerely
      Donna

      Delete
  13. Hello my Graceful we had 1 solid week of crazy cold and icy weather, and now all of my Bambusa textilis gracilis (Graceful) plants are solid brown (Leaves and stalks) should i just wait and let new stalks shoot up before i start cutting away any dead ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can cut out anything that is dead and brown to the bottom of the cane, but leave anything with a hint of green. It doesn't hurt to wait for new growth to come in before taking out old growth, just in case there is still a hint of life left in them. Be sure to fertilize them generously with a high nitrogen fertilizer, to help give them every chance to spring back.

      Delete